News and events
NBN Conference 2019
We are pleased to announce that this year’s NBN Conference will take place on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 November at the Albert Hall, Nottingham.
We were so impressed with the venue in 2018, and the feedback we received from you was extremely positive, so we decided to return this year! Bookings will open in late July.
The theme of this year’s NBN Conference is “Network, Knowledge and Narrative – sharing and using data across the NBN and beyond”. Over the course of the two days we will be hearing from individuals and organisations from within the NBN and further afield, with a variety of speakers explaining how they are sharing and using data in their day to day work.
We will also have an afternoon of Knowledge Exchange sessions.
We are pleased to announce that the following speakers or organisations have confirmed that they will give presentations at this year’s NBN Conference:
- Tim Corner – Bristol Regional Environmental Records Centre
- Thomas Doherty-Bone – Independent conservationist
- Daniel Hayhow – RSPB (State of Nature)
- Richard Fox – Butterfly Conservation
- Loreena Jaouen – MSc student
- Dr Jo Judge – NBN Trust
- Tony Juniper – Chair of Natural England
- Dr Sandra Knapp – The Linnean Society
- Sir John Lawton – NBN Patron, President of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and Vice-President RSPB
- Dr Erika Newton – British Ecological Society
- Sophia Ratcliffe – NBN Trust
- Rachel Tierney – SBIF
- Ian Wallace – UK Caddis Recording Scheme Organiser
- Durham University – name TBC
- Gilbert White’s House – name TBC
- iSpot user – name TBC
Please watch this space for more details and the full programme, but for now – save the date!
Student speaker slots
If you are a student on an ecology, environmental or wildlife related course, there are opportunities for you to have a five minute speaker slot.
Let us know if you have a new or innovative way of using wildlife data or whether you want to share your research with like-minded individuals. Just drop us a line with some more information and we’ll let you know if we would like you to speak at the Conference.
Sponsorship opportunities are available! The NBN Conference Sponsorship 2019 tells you more about getting involved.