News and events
NBN Conference 2021 – Feedback
Thank you very much for completing the NBN Conference feedback questionnaire.
As always, your comments are really helpful in assessing the format of the annual conference and in helping us to plan subsequent events.
Graphs summarising the 33 responses received in the questionnaire are shown in the downloadable PDF below, with some general overall feedback here:
- Timings and format were well liked, with presentation times considered about right.
- The line up of speakers was well liked.
- More time for Q&A requested by some delegates. This is often part of the feedback and we have added more time for this at each Conference over the years. We will review again for 2022.
- There were issues with MS Teams, which understandably frustrated a number of delegates, particularly in relation to the ability to ask questions in chat. However, the Google Docs were generally seen as a good alternative and a final version of the Q&A and discussion points is now available. For future online events we will be assessing the other conferencing platforms available and relative costs.
- Regarding future events in a post-pandemic world, cost will be a major consideration for attendees. Online means that those who could not travel are able to join and multiple attendees from the same organisation can attend, which would be very unlikely for a face to face Conference. However, the vast majority of comments related to missing the opportunity for networking, which a face to face event offers.
At this stage, we don’t know what format the 2022 Conference will take, with the options for online, face to face or hybrid being possibilities. We will be looking at this with ALERC and NFBR to ensure a joined up approach to each of our events. We’ll bring you more information in Spring, so until then please watch this space!
If you would like your say, it’s not too late to give your own feedback and contribute to the NBN Conference 2021 survey.