The SBIF Review
The SBIF Advisory Group has undertaken to drive a Review and redesign of the biological recording infrastructure in Scotland. Through this Review, we aim to determine the optimum infrastructure for biological recording, an infrastructure that in turn will attract the necessary belief, commitment and investment by stakeholders to be sustainable and successful in fulfilling the original vision of SBIF:
High quality species and habitat data will be collected and managed through a sustainable, co-ordinated and integrated local and national framework of organisations, partnerships and initiatives. These data will be available to ensure that Scotland’s biodiversity, ecosystems and people benefit.
The Review seeks to take place in such a way as to be cohesive across Scotland with support from all stakeholders and the willingness and energy to then make any desired transitions by 2025. It encompasses the stages listed below and information and links to documents produced at each stage can be accessed by following the links.
Stage 1 – Propose and plan the Review [COMPLETE]
- Quick Link to monthly highlight reports and review timeline
Stage 2 – Gather and understand stakeholder requirements [IN PROGRESS]
Comprising a questionnaire, interviews and a literature search.
Stage 4 – Issue recommendations [IN PROGRESS]
Detailed plans for Stage 4 will be developed during Stage 3.
How to keep informed about the Review
- Additional materials produced during the Review, such as our monthly highlights reports, key papers and timeline are available in the Documents, diagrams and reports page
- Existing information sources gathered during the course of the Review are available in the SBIF Review Archives
- Discover more about the Review in the Background to the Review page
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive occasional emails containing news from SBIF
- Sign up to Network News to read updates on progress with the Review and other NBN news items
- Follow the discussion on Twitter: follow @SB_Info_Forum and use #SBIFReview
For other general information about SBIF and the Review, please contact Christine Johnston, NBN Scottish Liaison Officer.
Page last updated: May 2018.
Let us know what you think.
Note: to post as a guest type your comment then add your name under "sign up with Disqus" and click the guest checkbox.