The NBN Trust AGM is to be held on Wednesday 21 November 2018.
In preparation for this, information on the main items for voting are listed below They include:
- Confirmation of the NBN Trust Accountants
- Voting on NBN Board of Trustees members continuity of service
- Special Resolution – amendment to the Articles of Association.
In addition to this notification we will be contacting members separately to advise them of the AGM and how to vote. The following class of members do not have a right to vote:
- Corporate Members
- Trustees – who may be individual members or part of a member organisation
- The Board is recommending that the NBN Trust reappoints Rogers Spencer as Accountants and Auditors for another year
- Re-election of Trustees who have served more than six years in office
For the above a simple majority of voting members is required.
The Board is recommending that a change be made to the Articles of Association in relation to the quorate rules. A paper setting out the reasons for the change is available to view. In summary it is necessary to change the quorate level from a percentage figure to a number.
For the above change to take place a majority of 75% of the voting membership is required, so it is very important that all members read the paper and take the opportunity to vote. Please note that we will be sending regular reminders to members asking them to vote.
Voting can be done online by completing the voting form or by downloading the form as a word document. Voting forms must be returned to us either by email or posted to Unit F, 14 – 18 St Mary’s Gate, Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PF. Forms must be completed and returned by Monday 19 November 2018.
Voting will also be possible in person at the AGM. Any member who wishes to attend the AGM and is not due to attend the NBN Conference must contact us two weeks in advance (8 November 2018) so we can advise you on access arrangements to the AGM.
If you are not sure if you are a member or if you have the right to vote please contact us.