Small grants for biodiversity and geodiversity voluntary recording work in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham and the Tees Valley
ERIC North East has around £3,000 to give in the form of small grants to support voluntary recording in the region. It is anticipated that this will fund several projects taking place between 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019; the average amount awarded per project in 2017/18 was £300.
What the money can support
The grant money is given in order to support work that improves the quality, quantity or coverage of voluntary recording in the North East. This Year we have an Extra £1000 to help support projects in County Durham courtesy of Durham County Council. We are willing to consider any proposals from individuals and groups but the type of work we expect to be supporting includes:
- Money towards running training courses to recruit new recorders and improve the quality of voluntary recording in the North East
- Help towards the cost of training for individuals (volunteers, not professionals)
- Help towards the cost of publishing the results of voluntary recording
- Help towards the cost of setting up or running a recording group
- Help towards the purchase of equipment for survey work
- Help towards the purchase of data management tools, including new hard/software to be used solely for the purposes of recording
- Contribution towards travel expenses (40p/mile or cost of public transport) to deliver any of the above
Grants can only be awarded to groups or individuals who will supply records to ERIC North East in a specified format (see Appendix 1). The Small Grant must be used to pay for direct costs only; ERIC North East is unable to contribute towards catering and/or refreshments at training events. Any equipment purchased by an individual with grant funds must be donated to a local recording group (as agreed by ERIC North East) following the work to facilitate the collection of additional data.
The deadline for applications is Friday 19th January 2018 and these will be considered at the end of January 2018 by the ERIC North East Board.
Please return your application form to:
ERIC North East Coordinator
Environmental Records Information Centre North East
Great North Museum: Hancock
Newcastle upon Tyne
or by email to email@example.com