These annual Awards celebrate the individuals, the newcomers and the groups of people or organisations that are making outstanding contributions to biological recording and improving our understanding of the natural world in the UK.
Categories of awards
There are six categories of awards:
- Gilbert White Youth Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- Gilbert White Adult Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- David Robertson Youth Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- David Robertson Adult Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- Lynne Farrell Group Award for recording wildlife
- Adult Newcomer Award for recording wildlife
All too often the painstaking work that individual and groups of biological recorders undertake is not publically recognised. So help us put that right, and nominate your unsung hero!
How to nominate
Nominating someone couldn’t be simpler, just fill in our short form explaining how your nominee is making an exceptional contribution in the world of UK biological recording. You can even nominate yourself!
There are different forms for each category of award.
Nominations close on 31 July, so please don’t leave it too late!
This year, the five short-listed nominees from each award category will be announced on 27 September, giving us the opportunity to recognise the achievements of more biological recorders.
The winners will be announced at a special ceremony on the evening of 21 November as part of the National Biodiversity Network’s annual conference, this year, in Nottingham.