- Do you have a skill or a way of doing things that you’d like to tell others about?
- Do you have technical expertise that you could share?
- Are you an expert in species identification?
The theme of this year’s NBN Conference is “The NBN in a changing climate” and it is taking place on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 November at the Albert Hall, Nottingham. On Wednesday afternoon, we are dedicating the entire session to “Network knowledge exchange – Sharing best practice” where we are giving delegates the chance to hear from Network colleagues who have learned or developed interesting, different or new approaches to their work as part of the NBN.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience or would like to talk about your role in any of the following areas:
- Technical work associated with being part of the NBN
- Data formatting
- How to set up a recording scheme or develop a good survey
- Species identification
- A day in the life of a Local Environmental Records Centre
The sessions will all run in parallel, with delegates selecting their preferred choice when booking. The number of people attending each session could range from 10 – 30. All sessions will run from 14:00 – 16:50 with a half hour tea / coffee break in the middle.
In order to be considered for one of these sessions, please provide the following information by 15 July to email@example.com :
- Which session would you like to lead?
- What will be the focus of your session? (in no more than 50 words)
- How will you deliver the session? (in no more than 50 words) – we are looking for innovative ways of the sessions being delivered, so please consider how to do this, other than via PowerPoint.
- What experience do you have in this area? (in no more than 50 words)
- What title would you give your session?
- What equipment would you need?
- Please indicate any other requirements you would have in order to lead a session (in no more than 50 words)
We will let you know by 19 July if you have been selected to lead one of these sessions. We will get back to you sooner, if we need any further information.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that by submitting an expression of interest you should be able to fund your own attendance at the NBN Conference and cover your registration costs. Costs can be found on the main Conference page.