Just published, this publication will be useful for those entering the conservation sector as well as those people moving around and moving on within their careers.
Ten articles and one video presentation are included covering:
- How to choose your path through the sector from CJS.
- A couple of personal experiences of getting in to conservation work – how they made themselves more employable and got there in the end.
- National Trust gives details on what makes a countryside job application stand out to them.
- A profile of working in rights of way and how to get in to it from ScotWays.
- A trainee with TCV talks about what she did whilst at university, to gain practical experience.
- A video presentation from Arbtech MD on just what he is looking for in an employee.
- Are colleges doing enough to equip students for the world of work? Sparsholt College runs through how it ensures students are ready for careers in conservation.
- The all-important interview prep is covered by the Ecology Academy.
- An Associate Landscape Manager at The Environment Partnership reflects on his career path and how he moved on and up.
The publication also contains adverts for courses and resources to help you become more employable.
Read the CJS Focus on Employability