Finance & Business Officer
Tel: 0115 850 0171
Role at the NBN
To ensure the smooth running of the financial, business and office functions of the NBN Trust.
Core work responsibilities
- Reports to the Chief Executive
- Ensure budget control, produce financial reports and manage financial and legal obligations including the smooth running and reporting of any external funding
- Attend meetings and support the Board or Trustees and Financial and Management Committee (FMC)
- Ensure NBN meets HR and other legislative obligations
- To manage the running of the NBN Secretariat office
- Involved with the development of a new five-year strategy from organising and attending workshops to contributing to the writing of the Strategy especially the chapter on “Supporting the Network”.
- Organised successful Board of Trustees meetings each year along with the BioD AGM and FMC meetings.
- Lead on a financial review of the NBN Trust systems and processes and actioned all recommendations to ensure we are adhering to best practice and have the most suitable systems and procedures in place.
- Currently working towards a Level 3 AAT diploma
I have been with the NBN Trust since April 2011 in the role of Finance and Business Officer. It is an exciting and busy role which I have enjoy.
I am currently undertaking the level 3 AAT diploma which is a challenging and exciting course and I am gaining a lot of knowledge from my studies.
In my spare time I love to go for country walks and be outdoors as much as possible with my husband and two sons who are 3 and 6. We spend many a holiday camping in the UK with our dog Oscar!