Helen Manders Jones
NBN Atlas Lead Developer
Role at the NBN Trust
Helen’s role is to lead the ongoing development of the NBN Atlas and extended functionality.
Core work responsibilities
- Leading design and development of the NBN Atlas
- Design and implementation of new features and extended functionality
- Delivering various software development tasks using a range of languages
- Manage migrations, BAU (business as usual), documentation, testing, deployment and environment
- Enforce best practice
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of the NBN Atlas
- Provide technical advice and support to the NBN Trust team.
I started off studying Music, switched to Oceanography then for some reason decided I did like Mathematics after all and ended up doing a PhD in it together with High Performance Computing. After a couple of years in academic research and lecturing I moved into commercial software development. I spent over 20 years contracting as a Full Stack Java Enterprise developer and have worked for many different companies all over the UK and a little in Europe and North America. I am also an associate lecturer in computing for the Open University. I’m rather fanatical about windsurfing and also wing foiling.