Senior Communications Officer
Tel: 0115 850 0173
Role at NBN
Mandy is the central point of contact for all NBN communications, both internal and external. She ensures our work supports the NBN Communications Strategy and the overall NBN Strategy. Mandy reports to the CEO and manages Purba Choudhury, the Communications Officer.
Core work responsibilities
- Development of work to support the NBN Communications Strategy
- Coordinate and edit the monthly NBN Network News
- Maintenance and development of NBN website
- Oversee social media activity
- Development of annual NBN Conference
- Chair of NBN Awards Committee
- Project lead for Strategic working group on engagement
- Developed and published NBN Communications Strategy in 2015
- Successfully developed and launched the UK Awards for biological recording and information sharing, including special ceremony in 2015
- Developed the programme for the NBN Conferences 2014 to current and secured speakers.
- Project managed the development of the new NBN website in Spring 2015
- Developed and organised the first ever two day Conference in 2015 along with Business Administrator
- Project lead for the NBN Conference from 2016 onwards
My love of wildlife is without doubt as a result of having an older brother who, when I was aged only 7 or 8, used to regularly whisk me off to Chester Zoo! It wasn’t only the exotic animals that caught my attention though, I also have fond memories of walking with my brother in the beautiful Cheshire countryside looking at its flora and fauna. I remember being amazed at how he knew the name of everything we saw!
I was never really sure what I wanted to do when I “grew up”, but following on from A-levels and an art foundation course in my home county, I decided to try out the metropolis of London for my university years where I studied Fine Art & Art History.
Moving to Nottingham in 1990, I started working for the Boots Company in various retail marketing roles at head office. This culminated in my role as Operations Manager for their baby business centre, a position which had a strong marketing communications focus.
As for today, well my love of wildlife has continued to grow. I am incredibly lucky to have traveled widely, and seen some amazing wildlife. I am now in the fortunate position of combining wildlife with a love of writing within my role as Senior Communications Officer for the NBN Trust.