Tel: 0115 850 0172
Role at the NBN
To help deliver the NBN communications strategy and raise NBN’s profile. This involves communicating NBN’s key messages to new and existing audiences, so that the Network continues to grow and we are able to captivate and engage people about the importance of wildlife. This role reports to Mandy Henshall, the Senior Communications Officer.
Core work responsibilities
• Media relations
• Social media
• Supporting the organisation of the annual NBN conference
• Promoting the annual UK Awards for Biological Recording and Information Sharing
• Securing positive coverage in national and specialist media
• Leading on the communications strategy for the NBN Atlas Scotland
• Social media and direct mail campaigns resulting in large number of nominations for the inaugural UK Awards for Biological Recording and Information Sharing
• Actively supported the smooth-running of the 2-day National Biodiversity Network Conference in 2015 and 2016
I am delighted to work for the NBN as I have had a life-long interest in nature and conservation and am a keen fell-walker and enthusiastic wild-camper.
Despite my love of nature and the great outdoors, this is the first environmental organisation I have worked for. My career in public relations and communications, until now, has promoted the work of organisations as varied as symphony orchestras, a university, the Arts Council of England and a local authority.