Tel: 0115 850 0172
Role at the NBN Trust
To help deliver the NBN communications strategy and raise NBN’s profile. This involves communicating NBN’s key messages to new and existing audiences, so that the Network continues to grow and we are able to captivate and engage people about the importance of wildlife. This role reports to Mandy Henshall, the Senior Communications Officer.
Core work responsibilities
• Media relations
• Social media
• Promoting the annual NBN Awards for Wildlife Recording
• Supporting the organisation of the annual NBN Conference
• Securing positive coverage in national, local and specialist media
• Leading on the communications strategy for the NBN Atlas Scotland
• Social media and email campaigns publicising the NBN Awards for Wildlife Recording
• Actively supported the smooth-running of the 2-day National Biodiversity Network Conference in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
I am delighted to work for the NBN as I have had a life-long interest in nature and conservation and am a keen fell-walker and enthusiastic wild-camper.
Despite my love of nature and the great outdoors, this is the first environmental organisation I have worked for. My career in public relations and communications, until now, has promoted the work of organisations as varied as symphony orchestras, a university, the Arts Council of England and a local authority.