The new Heritage 2033 National Lottery programme is open for grants from £10,000 to £10million.
The application guidance and forms have been updated to reflect the new strategy, materials have been simplified and the requirements are more proportionate to the amount of money you’re applying for.
The Heritage 2033 strategy is centred around a simplified framework of four investment principles:
- saving heritage;
- protecting the environment;
- inclusion, access and participation; and
- organisational sustainability.
You must take all four principles into account in your application. The strength of focus and emphasis on each principle is for you to decide and demonstrate.
Mindful of increased costs for goods and services, and responding to trends in the grant application data, entry level grants have been increased to £10,000. This is in addition to the earlier upper threshold increase to £10m.
To simplify your experience of applying for a grant, they have:
- improved links between pages on the website so you can clearly see all the information you need to consider before applying
- reduced the length and complexity of the application guidance and the number of questions you must answer
- made it easier to explain about your heritage and the project you want to deliver
- streamlined the process for grants from £10,000–£250,000 to make applying at that level more seamless
- updated the approach to paying out grants, making it easier for you to manage and deliver your project
Your opinions and expertise have been crucial to the development of Heritage 2033 and the Heritage Fund will continue to listen and respond.
You can find out more on the Heritage Fund website.