Tom Hunt, formerly of RECORD in Cheshire, has been appointed to the post of ALERC National Coordinator with effect from the 18th January. Tom will be based at the North and East Yorkshire Ecological Data Centre in York, but will travel throughout the UK to work with Local Environmental Records Centres and to represent the views and interests of the LERC community at relevant meetings and events.
The principal tasks of the ALERC National Coordinator are:
• To support LERC engagement in projects led by the NBN Trust and Natural England, in order to facilitate the wider adoption of new biodiversity data management technology and improve data flow.
• To manage the ALERC Accreditation System.
• To facilitate communication and promote collaborative working between LERCs and their stakeholders.
• To improve communication between ALERC and its constituent membership, including the ALERC website and annual conference.
• To provide support to the ALERC Directors.
You can contact Tom by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on 07972 131035.
This post is jointly funded by ALERC and the NBN Trust, through the Defra contract for the development of the NBN, until the 31st March 2014.