This conference will discuss the next steps for promoting and protecting biodiversity across England – with discussion expected on the impact of potential changes emerging from the Agriculture and Environment bills including the introduction of public goods and the evolving regulatory system.
- Recovering nature and protecting biodiversity – with Tony Juniper, Chair, Natural England.
Further sessions on:
- Strategic priorities for UK biodiversity and species protection: monitoring, planning and resource allocation – with a panel of speakers including Professor Selena Gray, Chair, West of England Nature Partnership and Capacity Lead, CLAHRC West;
- Environmental governance post-Brexit – enforcement, collaboration and opportunities – with Begonia Filgueira, Legal Director, Foot Anstey and Co-Chair, Brexit Task Force, United Kingdom Environmental Law Association;
- Biodiversity and species protection – the policy landscape;
- Emerging regulatory priorities for environmental protection;
- Developing an agricultural system that supports and promotes biodiversity – public goods, soil quality and sustainability;
- Driving investment in conservation and identifying key projects; and
- Case study – ensuring biodiversity net gain in new developments and integrating with infrastructure projects.
Please visit the Westminster Forum Projects website to book.