The Soldierflies and Allies Recording Scheme collates biological records for 11 related Diptera families. The information is used to promote enjoyment, study and conservation of the species and their habitats.
This recording scheme falls under the umbrella of Dipterists Forum. The scheme is coordinated by Martin Harvey with help from others in Dipterists Forum.
The 11 families included are:
- Soldierflies, Stratiomyidae
- Horseflies, Tabanidae
- Robberflies, Asilidae
- Snipeflies, Rhagionidae
- Stiletto-flies, Therevidae
- Bee-flies, Bombyliidae
- Hunchback-flies, Acroceridae
- Water-snipeflies, Athericidae
- Awl-flies, Xylophagidae
- Windowflies, Scenopinidae
- Wood-soldierflies, Xylomyidae
- Scope – Soldierflies and related families