The NBN Trust is looking for a system developer to complement our small technical team. The developer’s role is varied and includes the design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support and maintenance of the NBN Trust’s data sharing infrastructure, the NBN Atlas. Much of the work involves maintenance (bug fixes, minor enhancements) within a large and diverse codebase, for which only limited documentation exists.
You will have experience in:
- Linux and cloud service environments
- Grailsand/or Java programming
- Management ofSOLR and Cassandra clusters
- Along with the desire to learn new skills
In return we will give you the opportunity to:
- work on the development of the largest repository of publicly available species records in the UK
- make your mark by developing the NBN Atlas as a world-leading database
- increase your skills in software development
all in a flexible working environment
To apply send a CV and covering letter detailing how your experience matches our requirements to email@example.com
Please read Developer info for applicants Sep 2020 before submitting your application
Applications will be assessed as they are submitted.
The NBN Trust is an equal opportunities employer.