Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 pa depending on experience
Location: Nottingham or home-based
Type: Initially a 12 month contract with the potential for extension
Hours: Full time (part-time and job share considered for the right candidate(s))
Are you someone who really wants to make a difference?
Do you yearn for a challenge? To break out of the mould, be an all-rounder?
Not only to develop, administer the databases and servers, but advise, attend conferences, design, progress and deliver IT projects?
Do you want to take responsibility for something you can make a global leader?
Do you want to use your knowledge and experience to help conserve the UK’s natural world?
The NBN Trust is looking for a developer to complement our small technical team. The developer’s role is varied and includes the design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support and maintenance of the NBN Trust’s data sharing infrastructure the NBN Atlas. Much of the work involves maintenance (bug fixes, minor enhancements) within a large and diverse codebase, for which only limited documentation exists.
You will have experience in:
- Linux and cloud service environments
- Grails and/or Java and/or Scala programming and documentation
- Management of relational databases
- Along with the desire to learn new skills
In return we will give you the opportunity to:
- work on developing the largest species data base for any country in the world
- make your mark by developing the NBN Atlas as a world-leading database
- develop your skills in software development
all in a flexible working environment
To apply please download and complete the application form.
Closing date 12 June 2020
For an informal discussion about this role please email us at email@example.com and we will contact you back.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.