NBN Atlas Support Officer
Tel: 0115 850 0175
Role at the NBN
To provide support to the NBN Atlas Data Manager and NBN Atlas Project Manager. To help NBN Atlas data providers and users to share and use data effectively.
Core work responsibilities
- To monitor the NBN Atlas Forum to answer queries, activate accounts and resolve issues.
- To test new NBN Atlas features and functionality.
- To ensure that help documentation is up to date and clear.
- To produce data download reports for data providers.
- To amend and update the NBN and NBN Atlas websites as and when necessary.
- To assist with general NBN Atlas queries.
As a little girl, I was obsessed with animals and wildlife. I often lined worms up on the arm of the settee so that they could watch the T.V. with me! After school, I worked in a bank for a few years and then took some time out to travel around Australasia, where I was bitten by a spider! Not put off, I decided to commence university and gained a BSc (Hons.) in Animal Biology. My dissertation was a study into the reintroduction of wild boar to England. Since then, I have worked mostly in schools, carrying out administrative and science roles. I have also worked in a veterinary practice as a trainee vet nurse.
My work experience lies mainly in customer service and administration and my interests continue to be science, wildlife and conservation. I am slightly obsessed with recycling and environmental issues and can often be seen acting as the ‘plastic police’ around my friends and family.