NBN Atlas Support Officer
Tel: 0115 850 0175
Role at the NBN
To provide support to the Technical & Data Partner Support Officer. To help NBN Atlas data providers and users to share and use data effectively.
Core work responsibilities
- To monitor the NBN Atlas Forum to answer queries, activate accounts and resolve issues.
- To test new NBN Atlas features and functionality.
- To ensure that help documentation is up to date and clear.
- To produce data download reports for data providers.
- To amend and update the NBN and NBN Atlas websites as and when necessary.
- To assist with general NBN Atlas queries.
As a little girl, I was obsessed with animals and wildlife. I often lined worms up on the arm of the settee so that they could watch the T.V. with me! After school, I worked in a bank for a few years and then took some time out to travel around Australasia, where I was bitten by a spider! Not put off, I decided to commence university and gained a BSc (Hons.) in Animal Biology. My dissertation was a study into the reintroduction of wild boar to England. Since then, I have worked mostly in schools, carrying out administrative and science roles. I have also worked in a veterinary practice as a trainee vet nurse.
My work experience lies mainly in customer service and administration and my interests continue to be science, wildlife and conservation. I am slightly obsessed with recycling and environmental issues and can often be seen acting as the ‘plastic police’ around my friends and family.